½ or 1 day
About this Workshop
A respectful workplace is a prerequisite for building a healthy and successful organization. Respectful workplaces not only foster productivity, they also contribute to employee well-being. This workshop explores the components of respect and addresses individual responsibilities within the work environment. Participants will learn how to voice their expectations as well as initiate and respond to difficult conversations about disrespectful behaviour. This training will help provide the attitudes and skills necessary to contribute to creating and sustaining a respectful work environment.Inquire about Training
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to both leaders and employees.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study review, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define respect and explain how it is experienced in the workplace
- List behaviours that are associated with discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and gender harassment
- Describe their role in creating a respectful workplace
- The Cost of Disrespect – Human and Financial
- The Legal Framework for Respect
- Grey Areas in Respect
- Identifying Unhealthy Environments
- Assessing Your Workplace
- Markers of Healthy Environments
- Assessing for Disrespect
- Steps to Deal with Disrespect
- Your Part in Maintaining Respect
- Employee and Employer Responsibilities
- Strategies for Change
- Respectful Workplace Policies
Half-day version:The half-day version focuses the knowledge and skills needed to build and sustain a respectful workplace as is ideal for staff.
One-day version:The one-day version includes content for employers to consider in creating a respectful workplace.