About this Workshop
Unresolved conflict is time consuming and limits the productivity of everyone involved. Mediation is an essential skill for anyone who works in situations where they are responsible for helping others with interpersonal tension. When two people can’t resolve a conflict on their own, a third party may be needed to facilitate a conversation to help resolve the conflict. This skills-based workshop provides the tools to work with people in conflict to clarify misunderstandings, identify interests, and work towards options for resolving the conflict. Participants will work with scenarios that help them prepare to intervene and resolve conflict situations.Inquire about Training
This is an intermediate level workshop for human resources personnel, leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone who responsible for helping others with interpersonal tension.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution Spectrum
- Types of Mediation
- Understanding Conflict Dynamics
- Assessing the Conflict
- Road Blocks to Effective Mediation
- Qualities of a Mediator
- Mediation Skills and Strategies
- How to Introduce the Mediation Process
- Pre-Mediation Considerations
- The Five Phases of Mediation
- Post-Mediation Considerations