½ or 1 day
About this Workshop
Our communication skills and style are essential to positive and productive relations. Effective communication requires us to be clear about our own thoughts and desires, and also to be responsive to those of others. Assertive communicators express ideas and feelings in transparent, open, and direct ways – stating their needs clearly and without defensiveness. In this training, participants will build an awareness of their communication patterns and learn to deal confidently with people around them. This workshop is fun, meaningful, and highly effective for improving communication awareness and skills.Inquire about Training
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- What’s Required for Effective Communication
- Assertiveness Self-Assessment
- Characteristics of Aggressive and Passive Communicators
- Assertive Communicator Characteristics
- Assertive Body Language
- Guidelines for Offering an Opinion
- Strategies for Giving Directions
- How to Say “No” Assertively
- Skills for Making Requests
- Giving Corrective Feedback
- Dealing with Difficult Responses
Half-day version: The half-day version of this workshop covers much of the same material as the one-day version but there is less emphasis on skills practice.
One-day version: The full-day version of this training provides a comprehensive framework to understand effective communication with plenty of time allocated to skill development and content application.