Live Virtual Workshops
Credit Hours (CEC)
Trauma-Informed Leadership - Live Virtual Workshop - Mar. 15, 2023; 10am-1pm Central Time
Early rate expires 02/22/2023
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals and organizations
- List five key trauma-informed principles
- Describe practical strategies for implementing each of the five trauma-informed principles
- Assess their own organization for areas of trauma-informed strengths and weakness
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- Trauma’s Ripple Effect
- The Impact of Trauma in the Workplace
- Characteristics of a Trauma-Informed Leader
- 5 Principles of Trauma-Informed Workplaces - Promote Awareness, Shift Attitudes, Provide Choice, Foster Safety, Highlight Strengths
- Steps for Implementing Principles
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within an organization.
Trainer: Nathan Gerbrandt
Nathan is the Managing Director of ACHIEVE’s partner organization, Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI). He holds a Master of Social Work degree and is a Registered Social Worker. Prior to working with CTRI and ACHIEVE, Nathan coordinated service delivery and rehabilitation planning for repeat offenders with a diagnosis. He has refined skills in risk management and collaborative treatment planning for people in conflict with the law. In addition, Nathan possesses specialty in the areas of disability services, case management, and working with people with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. He is passionate about sharing the message of the importance of trauma-informed care. Nathan is co-author of A Little Book About Trauma-Informed Workplaces. He believes that any service delivery requires the promotion of a sense of safety, trust, and choice for individuals and an approach of compassion and collaboration. Nathan is an engaging presenter who uses an interactive style to maximize the learning potential of participants.