Live Virtual Workshops
Project Management Fundamentals
Turning Ideas into Reality
Credit Hours (CEC)
Project Management - Live Virtual Workshop - Nov. 9, 2022
Early rate expires 10/20/2022
- Define project management and the role of the project manager
- Identify the stages of the project life cycle
- Determine the project management methodology best suited to their needs
- Create a preliminary project management plan
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, individual exercises, reflection, and group discussion, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- What Is Project Management?
- Differences Among Projects, Programs, and Portfolios
- Key Roles of a Project Manager
- Planning and Managing Tasks
- Controlling a Project Budget
- Organizational Skills for Effective Project Management
- Working with the Project Life Cycle
- Using Key Methods Like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Lean
- How Organizational Culture Affects Projects
- Project Documentation
This workshop is an introductory workshop for anyone wishing to learn the principles, practices, and strategies of project management, which they can apply to their own work.
Trainer: Jessica Antony
Jessica is a communications specialist with over a decade of experience helping others share their stories, with a focus on collaborative communication, editorial development, and content creation. She has a bachelor’s degree in Rhetoric and Communications and a master’s degree in Media Studies. Jessica facilitates workshops on leadership, communication skills, and content creation, and has been teaching in the Department of Rhetoric, Writing, and Communications at the University of Winnipeg since 2009. In all her work, she is committed to developing and maintaining trusting relationships, with an attention to cultural differences, working styles, and mutual goals. Jessica is enthusiastic about helping people strengthen their ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and with ease. She is a dynamic and engaging facilitator who is enthusiastic about understanding people’s communication styles and approaches to help them improve their capacity to effectively and respectfully communicate with those around them. Read blogs written by Jessica here.