Live Virtual Workshops
How to Talk About Triggering Topics
Credit Hours (CEC)
Polarizing Conversations - Live Virtual - August 8, 2023; 10am-1pm Central Time
Early rate expires 07/19/2023
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the nature of polarizing topics on ourselves and others
- Identify our natural emotional responses to challenging interactions
- Utilize listening and validation to reduce tension
- Demonstrate how to set up conversations for success and make people feel safe
- Practice skills to engage in conversations about polarizing topics
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, case study exercises, experiential practice, and personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- Understanding the Dynamics of Polarizing Topics
- Our Natural Responses to Challenging Interactions
- Preparing for the Polarized Conversation
- Depersonalizing the Conversation
- Finding Common Ground
- Utilizing Empathy and Validation
- How to Help People Feel Safe
- Engaging in a Respectful Conversation
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to both employees and managers.
Terms & Conditions
View our cancellation policy and other information regarding your live virtual workshop or for your in-person workshop.
Trainer: Kristen Deuzeman
Kristen is an Organizational Psychologist who specializes in psychological assessments. She completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Ottawa, and her graduate work at both the University of Ottawa and Concordia University. In addition to training with ACHIEVE, Kristen is the clinical director for a psychological services agency where she supervises a team of clinicians and works with clients suffering from burnout, anxiety, PTSD, and workplace conflict. As a leader, she believes that continuous development and self-awareness is essential to one’s ability to serve others. As a trainer, Kristen combines her experience in organizational psychology and clinical work to enhance self-discovery and skill development for participants. She is a passionate facilitator who uses warmth and humour to create engaging and meaningful workshops. Read blogs written by Kristen here.