Live Virtual Workshops
Managing Difficult Phone Calls
Credit Hours (CEC)
Managing Difficult Phone Calls - Live Virtual - August 18, 2023; 9am-4pm Central Time
Early rate expires 07/29/2023
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Apply effective listening skills to enhance understanding
- Support emotionally heightened clients over the phone
- Problem-solve with clients for best outcomes
- Demonstrate a plan for delivering bad news
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- The Complexity of Phone Communication
- Qualities of a Skilled Communicator
- Key Skills for the Phone – Tone, Volume, and Inflection
- Communication Style Test
- Practical Tips for Calming the Distressed Person
- Identifying and Prioritizing Issues Raised
- Delivering Bad News
- Effective Notetaking
- Politely Ending the Conversation
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Terms & Conditions
View our cancellation policy and other information regarding your live virtual workshop or for your in-person workshop.
Trainer: Christina Reimer
Christina has a diverse background as a leadership trainer, director and team building and conflict resolution facilitator. With a PhD in religion, she teaches university courses on ethics, the world’s major religions, and other topics. Christina has travelled extensively and worked internationally for non-profit organizations that focus on peace-building and community development. She values workplaces that promote diversity and equity and strive to resolve corporate and interpersonal conflict in productive ways. She believes that communicating well is one of the keys to creating healthy working environments. Christina has an enthusiastic and engaging presentation style and uses storytelling and humour to make workshops interesting as well as informative.