Live Virtual Workshops
Diversity and Culture
Strategies for Working with Differences
Credit Hours (CEC)
Diversity and Culture - Live Virtual Workshop - Feb. 1, 2023
Early rate expires 01/12/2023
- To define diversity, equity, inclusion, and exclusion
- To describe how conflict, culture, and diversity relate
- To define cultural competence, and communication across differences
- To name the dynamics of power, bias, and discrimination
- To explore rights, organizational considerations, responsibilities, and strategies
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- What is Meant by Diversity?
- What is the Difference Between Equity and Equality?
- Inclusion and Exclusion Dynamics
- Language Considerations – How We Talk
- Cultural Context Model
- Culture Differences and Conflict
- Communicating Across Difference
- Culture and the Dynamics of Power
- Discrimination and Rights
- Organizational Strategies and Remedies
This is an intermediate level workshop applicable to both leaders and employees.
Trainer: Shadell Permanand
Based in Chicago, Shadell has more than 20 years of experience in the areas of leadership, conflict resolution, and cultural diversity. She has a Master of Laws (LL.M) specializing in Dispute Resolution from Osgoode Hall Law School. Shadell has worked as the Executive Director of a conflict resolution and restorative justice organization, and been in senior leadership roles at York University and University of Toronto related to conflict resolution, crisis management, developing student conduct programming, equity/diversity, and public education. She is an engaging trainer and consultant who is passionate about developing environments that support equity, inclusion, and constructive conflict resolution. Shadell believes that fostering a healthy workplace climate provides the context for employees to thrive in their pursuit of organizational goals.