Live Virtual Workshops
Credit Hours (CEC)
Assertive Communication - Live Virtual - September 20, 2023; 9am-4pm Central Time
Early rate expires 08/31/2023
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- To define assertive communication
- To practice giving an assertive opinion
- To discuss personal boundaries and practice saying “no” when appropriate
- To outline the steps for giving corrective feedback in the form of a DESO script
- To identify options of response receiving negative feedback
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- What’s Required for Effective Communication
- Assertiveness Self-Assessment
- Characteristics of Aggressive and Passive Communicators
- Assertive Communicator Characteristics
- Assertive Body Language
- Guidelines for Offering an Opinion
- Strategies for Giving Directions
- How to Say “No” Assertively
- Skills for Making Requests
- Giving Corrective Feedback
- Dealing with Difficult Responses
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Terms & Conditions
View our cancellation policy and other information regarding your live virtual workshop or for your in-person workshop.
Trainer: Jessica Antony
Jessica is a communications specialist with over a decade of experience helping others share their stories, with a focus on collaborative communication, editorial development, and content creation. She has a bachelor’s degree in Rhetoric and Communications and a master’s degree in Media Studies. Jessica facilitates workshops on leadership, communication skills, and content creation, and has been teaching in the Department of Rhetoric, Writing, and Communications at the University of Winnipeg since 2009. In all her work, she is committed to developing and maintaining trusting relationships, with an attention to cultural differences, working styles, and mutual goals. Jessica is enthusiastic about helping people strengthen their ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and with ease. She is a dynamic and engaging facilitator who is enthusiastic about understanding people’s communication styles and approaches to help them improve their capacity to effectively and respectfully communicate with those around them. Read blogs written by Jessica here.